Friday, December 10, 2010

Member Interview

Hi Teamies!
Introducing...


We are Mark and Emi Franzen, we live in Grafton, WI (just outside of Milwaukee), and our Etsy shop is F2images. We chose our shop name for a few reason, "F" being first letter of our last name, and there are two of us. Also, f2 is an aperture setting...so little play on a photo term. We sell our photographic prints on Etsy, and locally.


How did you learn about Etsy Project Embrace?
Hmm...it's been a while, but I believe we were first involved through Jenn ofwww.etsy.com/people/jennreese7 on Etsy.

Of all your creations, what is your favorite? And why?
Probably the Rock Island train image. It was part of an assignment for using the zone system and shooting a large format 4x5 sheet film camera. (Ansel Adam) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_SystemIt really is a different feel and craft shooting film vs. shooting digital.



Is there something special you collect?
My wife and both love vintage furniture and other home decor items, but I've been collecting oil lamps for the past 15 years.



Do you have a blog? URL?

stimulatedmind.blogspot.com/ Although things have been so busy since we've moved, and the blog has not been updated as often as we'd like!


Where do you hope to be, personally and in your artistic endeavors, in say 10 years time?
Probably a professional photographer at my current day job. It would allow me to expand my creativity in a professional environment which I think would be extremely satisfying. Currently most of the images in our Etsy shop are from my wife's shooting. Some are mine, but I would definitely like to be shooting more, and challenging myself creatively.




Thank you so much Mark an Emi!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there You Two! It's so good to see the faces behind your fabulous photos - I've been a huge fan of your work since I first saw it on Etsy! Thank you for giving us a peek into your world. :D

    Another fab interview Erica! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work and thanks for telling us more about you!

    ReplyDelete