Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finds 'n' Fancies

A peek at my Poster Sketch:
Small Change Purse by peppermintdesigns, Olga Flower Garland by emmalamb
Penny Lane House Charms by hodgepodgearts, Little Ones by jenniferdavis
Untitled by SimonFilip, Metal & Glass Glasses by spacejam
Renaissance Vine Crown by whichgoose, Vintage Velvet Pincushion by bellalulu

Surely, y'all can understand how it feels to begin putting together a group of items for a Treasury only to find you've hit a wall mid-way through. This happens to me quite a lot, actually. Sometimes, it's because I'm merely using the Poster Sketch tool as a means of relaxation and, therefore, have no real aim to begin with. The other night, I began with a painting by Jennifer Davis and just kept going until I'd lost steam. Clearly, I couldn't manage to fill a dozen squares, let alone sixteen; yet, the thought of clearing it made me feel sad, so I figured I'd share these eight squares with all of you, knowing you could appreciate the failed attempt and possibly even commiserate.

Enjoy this Thursday, everyone! And may all your Poster Sketches have happy endings. --Katie :D

10 comments:

  1. Katie, this happens to me quite often, lost in poster sketch :) The 8 beauties above still looks great to me, especially the colors. I love Jennifer Davis painting. Thanks and Happy Thursday to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there too. When that happens, the items become part of a blog post.
    Those are gorgeous colors/items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to create a mini-treasury! I love all these finds of yours, Katie ... and yes, I've suffered from sketch block many times too. Now I know what to do with those partials! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is sad to not finish it, however beautiful. But by sharing with us, it is seen..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poster sketch that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely!! Wish you had finished it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can commiserate, indeed! It actually happens to me quite a lot..that hitting the wall thing..often, i can find my way through and create something new..other times, not; I always love your Treasuries..and it's lovely that you shared this process with us..another metaphor for beauty and challenge existing side by side..xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I love the soft colors of this little mini-treasury! I understand about doing a poster sketch for relaxation... that's often what I do. But I often spend much more time "relaxing" than I should! LOL! Anyways, thanks for sharing these lovely items here... it looks like it could've been a FP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that happens to me ALL the time! glad you shared your with us though, it's a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you have organized your blog. It is so interesting! Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete