Friday, June 4, 2010

Member Interview













Who are you? 


Please tell us a bit about yourself. 
 
I used to be named Susan, but that has changed recently. I live in a 75 year old farmhouse on 25 acres of mountainside in middle Tennessee. I've been married 51 years to the same tolerant man, and I'm a great-grandmother. I moved here in 1982 after living near the sea in New Jersey since birth. I miss the sea, but love being a country gal!! 

My Etsy shop is SimplySuzula, and Suzula (or Suz) has become my new name. It was given to me 60-odd years ago by an old Jewish neighbor lady, and lay dormant in my memory until I needed a shop name. I sell anything and everything old...













How did you learn about Etsy Project Embrace? 

I quickly became a Treasury addict, and that's where I "met" Laura and the others. I am a 19 year cancer survivor and have been active in "Relay for Life" and "Reach To Recovery," so a team that raises money to fight cancer is perfect for me.

What is your favorite item in your shop?

My favorite items change rapidly, so here's a linked photo comprising several items.














What is your favorite possession?

My goldfish pond/water garden because my son and I built it together (he did all the hard work). Every spring I add more plants and he adds more rocks. It's an ongoing project that has no end, and I'm OK with that. :)  To see how we built it, please click here or on either picture below.

 













What do you collect?

I collect EVERYTHING vintage, but I keep very little for myself. I do have some nice old glassware, china, and tin stuff which I display in my country home.














Where to you hope to be and what do you hope to be doing ten years from now?

Ten years from now, when I'm approaching 80 (OMG!) and many of my peers are rocking in their rocking chairs, I hope to be sitting in front of my computer listing, and making Treasuries, and posting to my blog.

20 comments:

  1. awe, wonderful interview Suz and Mollie!
    Suz, you have a beautiful home and that pond would be my favorite too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW SUZ..Susan :D Great pictures, home and pond - what a great interview!! I certainly hope 19 years from now we'll both still be doing treasurys!!!! XXOO laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Suz, what a nice and peaceful place you are in. Great environment. Love those sweet vintage collections :) Thank you Mollie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, your home and pond are beautiful! So happy to get to know you a bit better :) Wonderful interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great fun to see your beautiful abode-- and that pond is amazing--all the more wonderful because you and your son built it together-- your place looks like a little slice of paradise--

    so nice of you to share your pics and details of your life! happy weekend!

    XO,
    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx, Mollie, for doing the interview, and thanx everyone else for the lovely comments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful place to live! loved your interview, so nice memories and plans! it is such a thrill to know more about our etsian friends! love this blog!
    have a nice day!
    Nubia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful interview y'all! Isn't it funny that two Jersey girls end up in TN both on and Etsy and EPE? Love the pictures of your house and pond.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for giving us a peek into your life, Suz! Your home is gorgeous, like a perfect country getaway. It should be in Southern Living!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, what a nice interview of my mother! she does have a beautiful home and yard and she is a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to see this interview, Suz and Mollie! I can see why you love that pond and living in the country, Ms Susan/Suzula/Suz!! Nice to see your daughter commenting here, too..And yay for survivorship and thriving ...A beautiful blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Suz! Love that pond, love the interview, love your shop, love getting to know you better!!! YAY to surviving, too!!!!
    xo Cait

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Suz, I've always known you were a wonderful person with excellent taste. Your home looks warm and inviting, and LOVE that fish pond!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your home looks wonderful, & it's great to find out more about you!!! thanks to Mollie & Suz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a piece of heaven on earth, that home of yours, Suz. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mollie that's such a nice interview about Susan, who I really adore:-) It's a wonderful place where Susan lives!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic interview! I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful home and amazing fish pond, AND getting to know you better! Thanks for sharing with us Suz!
    Thanks Mollie!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suz, what a lovely koi pond! and what nice memories you have made for yourself and your son. When we lived in Ohio we use to vacation in Tn...loved the Smokies...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What quaint surroundings, Suz...I would never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful interview, and a really interesting person, Suzula! If you ever want to leave your house, be sure to give me a call, it looks idyllic!

    Rachellucie

    ReplyDelete